The Importance of Being Earnest
by Oscar Wilde
“My ideal has always been to love someone of the name of Earnest”
But what if your name is not Earnest? Will she still love you? And, this being Britain at the end of the 19th century, will her aristocratic mother even consider you as a suitable son-in-law? These are the problems that Jack Worthing has to solve before achieving happiness with the girl of his dreams.
First produced in 1895, The Importance of Being Earnest is a comedy of manners that satirises the British aristocracy. The wit and brilliance of the dialogues has made the play famous throughout the world, and the absurdity of the situations have kept audiences entertained over more than a hundred years.
Where and when?
- May 26, 2017 (Thu), 20:00 (premiere)
- May 27, 2017 (Fri), 20:00
- June 8, 2017 (Thu), 20:00
- June 9, 2017 (Fri), 20:00
- October 26, 2017 (Thu), 20:00
- October 27, 2017 (Fri), 20:00
- November 23, 2017 (Thu), 20:00
- November 24, 2017 (Fri), 20:00
- All shows at Theaterhaus Rudi, Fechnerstraße 2a in 01139 Dresden, directly at the tram stop Rankestraße (4, 70, 80)
- Tickets via phone (+49 351 849 19 25) or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or online at www.theaterhaus-rudi.de.
- Admission for the premiere: 10 € (8 € reduced)
- Price: 8€ (5€ reduced)